Sunday, July 19, 2015

Framed Christmas card display


Photo by Melanie at Reasons to Skip the Housework
This is one of those ideas I wish I'd thought of myself.  But I didn't.  This project was the great idea of Melanie, at Reasons to Skip the Housework.  She used a large old picture frame and repurposed it to make a gorgeous Framed Christmas Card Display.

The only tricky part looks to be attaching the lights to the back of the frame, but Melanie shows some clear photos of the process.  If you are handy, or have a handy friend or husband, you should be able to manage that just fine.  This is such a fun project for displaying Christmas cards as they arrive at your house, but I think if I were to make one, I would use it for displaying my vintage Christmas cards.  What about you?

6 comments:

  1. Pretty! Awesome link - very clear photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it too, Vicki! So pretty and practical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Pamela -- I'm glad you liked the link! For some reason your comments never make it to my email inbox but remain on the comment moderation page. That is why I often respond to them late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I do love framed art for Christmas... and cards are art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed they are! I would love to make one of these. The lights really set it apart from other similar projects I have seen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!