Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A fun vintage card


I was just taking down my vintage Christmas cards and came upon this little card that I thought I'd share with you.  It's funny how some of the plainer cards get lost on the ribbon board

and don't get noticed as much.  I thought others might enjoy a closer look at this sweet, simple little card, which you can see at the very top of the ribbon board.

I like how the block letters have various Christmas symbols inside them -- ornaments, candles, evergreen branches, holly, even a stocking and a candy cane.  So simple. but really sweet.  I also love how the red background is sprinkled with snowflakes.  The small rectangular shape makes this card appealing, too.

Hope you've enjoyed this fun little card from my collection!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:42 PM

    Such a great collection of vintage cards!

    It's nice to have a closer look from time to time and really 'see' the details.

    (you know I'm thinking those background snowflakes could use a little glitter, right?!)

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Les -- I am so blessed to have acquired all of these fantastic vintage cards; so many that I can't even display them all. That's why I've scanned them. I love sharing the details with those who are interested. Tomorrow I'll be sharing another card that might interest you.

    Yep, those background snowflakes could surely use a little glitter to complete the picture!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!