Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Cucumber Canapes ~ nice appetizer for a Christmas buffet!

Photo from Taste of Home
I don't know about your family, but ours always enjoys the occasional festive meal of just appetizers.  We will sometimes do this for New Year's Eve, for example, or other times when the family is all together.  Recently, in my browsing through older November/December issues of Country Woman magazine, I came upon this delicious-sounding recipe for Cucumber Canapes

I've made a similar recipe in the past, but this one sounds even better.  And it would be so festive at Christmas time with the red-and-green garnish of dill and pimiento.  When I make these, I will probably just use the party rye bread rather than cutting rounds out of regular rye bread and having all those trimmings left over.  The rounds are very pretty, though.

Often at Christmas time, we're invited to gatherings where we're to bring along finger foods.  This would be a perfect appetizer to bring along for an occasion like that.  I'm posting it here so I don't forget where I put the recipe.  Maybe this would be a nice addition to your appetizer line-up, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!